- Downton Abbey. Yes, from one period piece drama to the another, after enough recommendations from friends to watch the masterpiece classic, I gave in after learning the seasons are short. I'm already into Season 3 and it's only been two weeks. Unfortunately, I found some spoilers while googling characters. I have a terrible habit of wanting to learn more about the actors (what else they have been in) or wondering something as silly as what their ages are supposed to be during the show. Of course this usually leads me down a path of coming across something I wish I hadn't. So far there are few things that have been 'new', but I have a feeling I know the biggest plot lines. Hopefully, I'll it won't matter and I'll still love the show as much as everyone else without things being shocking. So far, I really do like it.
- I've shared some of our bathtime fun on snapchat and insta which includes our Crayola Bath Dropz. I picked them up on a whim a few months back, and we now have colored water for all our baths. Aside from leaving some water colored spots behind on the tub (from splashed water, but washes away easily), we are pretty obsessed. I'm not a huge fan of bubble baths since it makes it hard to rinse the girls hair of shampoo and conditioner because it always seems like it leaves bubbles behind. And they aren't a fan of getting their hair rinsed out in the first place. Not mention Kenley freaking out that there are still bubbles on her legs and feet when she is ready to get out. So basically, this is just as fun, but less messy. It doesn't stain the girls skin and is washable when splashed and left behind.
- I saw this morning that the KidKraft kitchen the girls have is on Zulily, and the white version is just over $100. Usually the white one is more expensive, so if you've been looking, we love our play kitchen and it's held up great in the three years we've had it. Highly recommend!
- Our new favorite book of the week is Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great. This is definitely a book the readers will enjoy as much as the listeners. Goat gets jealous when Unicorn shows up and start showing off all the awesome (and hysterical) things he can do, like make it rain cupcakes. But it isn't until Unicorn comes over to befriend Goat and is in awe of his ability to make goat cheese pizza. An unlikely friendship ensues and shows we shouldn't be so quick to judge or be jealous of others' talents when we have so many of our own.
- Yasso Greek Yogurt Pops. At about 100 calories a pop, I attempt to control myself to eating one a night. Seriously, every flavor is really good, see if you can find them at your grocery store.
- And finally back to bathtime, I previously wrote about how much we enjoyed SoCozy's "Boo" line of hair products and I was so thrilled again when they reached out about sending some new products for us to try. The 3-in-1 shampoo, conditioner, and body wash suds up great and lets us skip a step in doing a separate conditioner, and more importantly, another rinse. The Mango-go scent smells so good, and I can still smell it on their hair after a few days of skipped baths or hair washing. And like all the So Cozy products there are no parabens, sulfates, phthalates, formaldehyde, synthetic color, propylene glycol and is free of gluten, wheat, and nuts. We have been using the coordinating fruity tutti detangler + leave in conditioner in the morning and it's been perfect for undoing bedhead messes.
On a side note, our Educational Insights GeoSafari Science Kit has made the best bath toy. It keeps me from having to deal with the mess of toddlers and science experiments in the kitchen to actually letting them have something different for them to play with in the tub. Annnndddd, it's 75% off on Amazon right now, I would highly recommend grabbing one because for $7.46 it'd make a great birthday present or gift for classmates or even collections like Toys for Tots.
And that's it for now! What's on your current love list???
*** This post contains affiliate links. SoCozy generously sent me samples of their products to test out, I did not receive compensation for sharing my opinions, all of which are honest and solely my own. SoCozy products can be purchased online at Amazon.com or in store at Target***