This year, I had all the books stored away, but when we moved A to her new room, I ended up putting all the holiday books one her bookshelf. She's picked a few to read, but hasn't had too much interest. Kenley has some of the board books in her room, and since her favorite book is Leslie Patricelli's Potty, she found and became obsessed with her Fa La La. She sleeps with it most days.
Almost nightly she requests to read "KissMiss!" and knows almost all the words by heart. It's made her very aware of all the Christmas iconography, shouting out "kissmiss twee, 'deer', or-mint, cracker, and ollie!'* when strolling through Target or anywhere else that's decorated. Ashlynn also becomes very picky about her books, want to read the same ones over and over again and not into trying new ones.
*(Christmas Tree, Reindeer, Ornament, Nutcracker, Holly)
So this year, instead of wrapping them up, I'm just going to pull them all out and keep them rotated throughout the month so we can hopefully get a chance to read them all. Hopefully seeing them displayed will be more motivation to read them than unwrapping the 'present' and walking away. We'll see!
Here are 25 OTHER books in case you are looking for a few new ones to add to your collection. I included our list from last year at the bottom.
Seriously, those last two? I'd get those for myself!
1. Fa La La
2. Llama Llama Jingle Bells
3. Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer - Little Golden Book
4. Olivia Helps with Christmas
5. The Little Christmas Elf - Little Golden Book
6. Merry Christmas, Stinky Face
7. Frosty the Snowman
8. Bear Stays Up for Christmas
9. Merry Christmas Curious George
10. The Nutcracker - Little Golden Book
11. Merry Christmas, Mouse
12. The Animals Merry Christmas
13. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
14. Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas
15. Sofia the First, Holiday in Enchancia
16. Olive, the Other Reindeer
17. The Night Before Christmas
18. Polar Express
19. Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
20. The Christmas Wish
21. Tallulah's Nutcracker
22. Richard Scarry's Best Christmas Book Ever
23. A Charlie Brown Christmas
24. Duck and Goose It's Time for Christmas
Do you have 25 Christmas books? Do you use them to countdown, leave out for reading through the month, or do you skip the whole trend all together?