- First up, cable. We've been talking about ditching cable since last February when our bill went up $25 for no reason other than, it was a new year. I actually got the Husband Apple TV for Christmas. He had been waffling over what streaming device to get, and that is why we never made the switch. He did some research, and the Apple TV model is like two or years old and apparently there will be a new release later this year - I have no idea if that's rumors or fact, so don't take it from me. Since we already have Netflix and Amazon Prime, we returned the Apple TV and got a Roku 3. We hooked it up two weeks ago and we're forced to start using it this past weekend when we killed the power to the house to install the light fixture in the bathroom. When we turned the power back on, our DVR cable box went on the fritz and started blinking like a strobe light. We called Comcast Sunday morning and since they were unable to help they scheduled an appointment for Wednesday.
Yes, thankfully we were able to watch the Super Bowl on a different TV, but we cancelled the appointment and are ready to return the box and start our Hulu subscription. Pretty excited to start saving some money (especially since our bill went up another $25 this month), but also pretty sad to be losing my access to E! News and Red Carpet. Womp Womp.
- I talked about the bathroom light. Yes! Our bathroom is finally done. The glass doors were installed last week and our backordered light arrived the next day. All we need is a shade/blinds for the window and we'll be set. Pictures to come!
- Continuing project completion, my closet is finally put together and organized. I still want to create a jewelry display, some hooks for scarves and bags, and a basket to corral the things I grab on the regular like pjs and sweats. Again, pictures to come!
- I'm not sure why it's taken me so long, but I finally bought an electric broom. I really wanted a cordless one and thought that's what I ordered, but it's not. Although, for the $18 I paid for it, I don't care. It's already paid for itself since I pretty much use it after every meal, especially Kenley has been obsessed with graham crackers. I mean, we have dogs, and they usually grab food that falls (or is thrown), but there are still so many crumbs I can feel I'm walking on and inevitably end up on the floor wiping them up. So much easier.
- In the midst of a little makeover for my little women.... more to come on that, too.
- And ending on a sweet note. I usually have ice cream every night, and lately it's been Ben & Jerry's FroYo Half Baked. The Husband likes Klondike bars, and while, I'd still eat one, definitely not my first choice. However, if you haven't had the Caramel Pretzel, run. Still more calories than my froyo, but so good!