Once 2014 rolled around, I thought I'd add a few more and coincide it with my birthday. So now that it's July 1st, I figured I technically should be sharing 31 and 1/2 facts about myself since if I was a toddler, today would be my half birthday.
Ok on with it.
1. I'm wordy. (DUH) Look at my intro to this post, and if you've ever emailed me, you probably received a novel in return. I apologize. Even when I try my very hardest to be as short and sweet as can be, I still seem to write more than the average person. Same goes for talking, I'm often told to get to the point.
2. On the contrary, I SUCK at texting. I might return 2 or 3 texts and then give up. I'll plan on returning them, but then never do.
3. Unfortunately, I can't spell unfortanutely for the life of me. Half the time spell check doesn't even get what I'm trying to say. I had to spell check both of those too.
4. Pet Peeves. We all got them, some of biggest ones include:
- Girls who work out with their hair down and/or in a regular bra. If you are working out, you should be sweating... pull up your hair and put on a sports bra. Gross. #sorryimnotsorry
- A lot. It's two words, not one. I'm far from the grammar police, as I don't think I ever put up a post without a typo or five, but this one really grinds my gears and it's surprising how many smart people make this mistake, especially when spell check tells you it's wrong!
5. I'm a major tomboy. The only time I ever wear a dress is if I have an 'event' to go to (wedding, shower, or... nope, that's pretty much it). I don't own any pink clothing (coral yes, pink no). And now that I'm a SAHM, wearing heels falls into that same category.
10. I'm the only family member in my immediate and extended family who was born on the East Coast. My mom is from L.A. and my dad was an Air Force brat.
11. I was late bloomer in the baby teeth loss department. By the time I was in 8th Grade I had to have five teeth pulled (upper canines and three molars) because they weren't falling out on their own and was waiting for braces to fix my bite.
So yes, I was missing teeth at my 8th Grade dance and graduation.
12. My go-to ice breaker is that I'm a New Year's Baby and was the 1st baby born in my county in 1983. My parents won some diapers and I made the front page of the newspaper.
13. I've never broken a bone, maybe some fingers or toes, but nothing major needing an x-ray or cast. However, I have gone to the ER for stitches three times. The first time involved my dad shutting the car trunk on my toddler head, not very hard, but hard enough to need some stitches - in his defense, he didn't see me and went running over to peek in after he told me to stand back. PSA - always make sure your kids are away from car trunks and doors when closing them. The second was for a field hockey stick I took in the eye when I was 10 and the third when I cut my index finger with a steak knife trying to cut carrots.
14. I'm irrationally afraid of knives. See above. And also the garbage disposal.
15. I eat ice cream every night. Going dairy free for 9 months with Ashlynn was probably the toughest challenge I ever took on.
16. Grande two pump vanilla soy latte. Always, even in the Fall ::gasps::
17. I'm addicted to baked goods, E! News, and anything that smells like laundry.
18. I met my husband at work. I was an intern and he was a staff (public accounting nerds). We started dating a year later when I returned full time and he left the company a few months later.
19. Our first date was a Coldplay concert. He emailed me during work asking if I wanted to go. I had no idea if it was date, group thing, or if he was trying to sell me his ticket and I was too nervous to ask for clarification.
It was a date.
20. I'm afraid of heights.
21. My husband and I have been to the movies together once in the last eight years. Thank god for Netflix, free snacks, and clean toilets.
22. I'm one of those people who can only ever order the same thing at certain restaurants out of fear of ordering something different will let me down.
23. My favorite movie is Mean Girls and if it's on, I'll watch it. I also feel similar about The Parent Trap, and yes, sadly the Lindsay Lohan version.
24. My high school field hockey team was State Champions my freshman, sophomore, and junior year. Yep, streak ended at sectionals my senior year, boo hoo. My Husband likes to call this my "Al Bundy Polk High" sports syndrome...
25. One summer in high school I had two jobs. I would work at a bagel shop in the morning, go to the beach, then hostess at a seafood restaurant at night. I took those jobs on purpose so I could hit the beach in the afternoon. (my skin hates me)
26. My dream job as a child was to work at the car wash. I thought it was so cool the girls got to wear their bathing suits to work. I also wanted a red Jeep Wrangler and blonde hair.
27. My degree is in a Finance and Accounting. When I return to the working world, I hope it's not in either of those capacities.
28. While I was born and raised in South Jersey, I wasn't allowed to root for the Eagles since my dad is a Cowboys fan. Instead, I jumped the Green Bay bandwagon in '96 and still ride it today.
29. I used to obsessive compulsively brush my teeth. Like actual true life OCD, which I still battle in other capacities today.
30. Grape jam. Only.
31. I walked down the aisle to a string quartet version of Strawberry Swing by Coldplay (see number 19).
And now my blog name makes sense to everyone.
Happy Second Half of 2014! Never too late to make it a great year!