Luckily, I still was able to complete a project this month, which is a feat in itself considering I spent so much time prepping the house and the decorations for Ashlynn's party - then being totally wiped out afterwards.
You may have noticed Ashlynn's Birthday Crown during her smash cake photos, that was project #4. It was a totally made on the fly type of project, I saw a few different tutorials for crowns and went with the felt option, I wanted to jazz it up so I used some coral polka dot fabric I had stashed away.
I measured Ashlynn's head and gave myself an extra inch for hemming and to make sure if would sit loosely and not have to be squeezed over her noggin'. I cut my felt in 2" stripes and sewed two stripes together before cutting it down to my desired length (I think it was 18"). Then I sewed the fabric wrapped over the bottom so it was visibly stitched on both sides. This is when I wasn't sure what to do next, I ended up pinning the fabric in the middle and just freely cutting my triangle points out. I then sewed the fabric to the points, removed the pins, and (machine) stitched it together in the back.
Far from perfect, but was still super cute for the photo op and a bit different from a standard party hat.