More bullet points... more random order
- Ashlynn got a real nice bruise on her cheek this weekend, she fell by the window in the dining room and her face met the wainscoting on the way down. Poor thing, I felt so bad. I think it probably looks worse than it is, but girl is clumsy and plays hard - just like mom.
- I broke out the cloth diapers over the weekend to give them another go, unfortunately within 36 hours she started getting the diaper rash she'd get before, so we're back in disposables. I probably could try again with different detergents or who knows, but it's not worth going through all that and having her suffer it out. Hopefully baby #2 has better luck.
- Sleep. Aw man. The kid naps like a champ, like 2-3hours each nap... but I'm pretty sure that's why her night sleep is blowing. She's been waking up around 4:45am for a week almost. Sometimes, I just give her blankie and bink (because she throws them over the edge), and she goes back down. Sometimes she lays there until demanding we get up at 5:30 or maybe she'll fall back asleep until after 6, but it's usually the former. Aside from peeing about 3x a night, these wake ups are killer. I'm strongly considering going back on caffeine, in moderation of course, just to get me through.
- Still eating like a beast. Rarely does she push anything away, though she wasn't overly crazy about the chicken meatballs I made, but neither was I. Not bad, just a bit bland. She has been loving sourdough french toast, blueberry greek yogurt (Chobani in the squeezie pouch), black bean and cheese quesadillas, and her graham crackers.
- On Sunday, we went to the park before dinner and daddy got to push A high on the swings... she LOVED it, squealing the whole time!
- Tooth... if that sucker hasn't cut through by the time this post goes up in the morning I'm going to cry with her. She's actually been a champ and the only time she really has trouble seems to be before bed or sometimes during the night, but it's right there I can see it. Just waiting for sweet relief! Oh, and for those of you counting, that would make her grand total 3... at 13.5 months.
- Finally got the water table out of the living room and outside with some water! We had a heat wave last week, went from being in the 60s to the mid 90s. So Ashlynn had lots of fun splashing around and exploring our backyard.
- Ashlynn also finally got her first taste of ice cream! We went to The Lite Choice which just opened near by and it's awesome! All low calorie ice cream with organic flavors (up to 80), no hormones, no corn syrup... couldn't ask for more for Ashlynn's first taste! We will definitely be going back, it was delicious. She definitely took her ice cream eating very serious and gave us the "We want more, we want more... we really like it, we want more!" face the whole time.
That's pretty much all I can remember, I need some more sleep!